Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 100!

So why do we buy so many products? Because we are always looking for something better. I've been trying out different hair products for the last couple of weeks now. It's not the most fun thing to do, but I bet all of these stores are loving me right now.
There is a product that I'm going to try today called, "It's a 10". I've heard good things about it. The problem is that it has parabens in it. If you haven't heard about parabens, they have been linked to cancer, and are in a lot of the products we use. We don't read the ingredients label the way we should. We should all start doing that more and looking up all of these crazy words we can't pronounce.
I'm trying out products that have bad ingredients too because sometimes you can find the perfect results from a bad product. It's sad but true. I'm creating my own hair care line so I have to know what's out there that works, then I can tweak it with better ingredients.
One thing that naturals need to understand is that just because something says it's natural or oganic doesn't mean it will work better on your hair than something that isn't. What it does mean, is that you are being responsible for what you are putting in you hair. But we should be able to find a "natural" product that works wonders on our hair. That is my goal. I know a lot of people with beautiful, long, heathy, hair that have never touched a natural product in their life. But if you want to make sure you avoid the long term effects of some of those chemicals (like parabens) then it's a good thing to go for the natural product. I'll let you know how "it's a 10" works out, and if it's worth replacing a few ingredients. Wish me luck!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment